-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/13/98 12:42:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  Generally in newsrooms you have a perponderence of democrats, -- just as in
>  the general population . . .duh! The ownership is almost 100% percent
>  republican and there is no true debate in the media. There is no true
>  discussion, it is a controlled parameterial debate. Left-wing is only
> visible
>  at boston market.
>
>  Om

Of course you are correct. However, at that level (media ownership) it is no
more significant what a man's party membership is than it is what color suit
he is wearing on a given day. At the newsroom level the pendulum is
occassionally swung slightly from left to right - thesis to antithesis -
depending upon what is being accomplished at the time. Of course the final
synthesis, which we are rapidly approaching, is totalitarianism, which is
usually labeled right-wing, but is usually arrived at from the left.

Valid commentary was made in this thread from BOTH sides of the Clinton
impeachment argument, indicating the accuracy of your characterization of a
parameterial debate. We (average Americans) are screened from the real debate.
In fact, there is no debate. As to the larger picture, the die is cast.

Incidentally, to further illustrate the ambiguity of our petty arguments, and
to be chronologically accurate, the last honorable man to serve as president
was Ronald Reagan. The rub was that his administration was peopled with white
collar criminals, including George H. W. Bush.

Jim