-Caveat Lector-

Edward Britton wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Teo:
>
> >Bob your comments exactly reflect mine.  There is a cronyism that is in
> >effect, one that guarantees that Clinton will not be tried for the REAL
> crimes
> >he has committed because there are other people involved that would also lose
> >out.  Sure people may not like the whole thing (though I am aware of MANY
> >people who are fed up with him and his continuous lieing and want him gone
> >even if it is "all about sex" as some claim) but most of the people are
> >completely oblivious to the real crimes; the chinese encryption transfer, the
> >computer transfer, the satellite deals, the COSCO deal, etc. . .  It is my
> >belief that if any of this got out widely then the vote for impeachment would
> >be a done deal.  It won'tr of course 'cause Ken Starr and his other buddies
> >are just as dirty and this needs to be kept under the covers.
>
> Being in general agreement with this statement, I am interested in your
> conjecture--apart from cronyism--concerning why there was very little
> effort to pursue these issues. It would seem that Starr's efforts would
> have yielded a far better result if these had been the primary focus. And
> yes, I am aware of the debate over there having been, comparatively, less
> evidence regarding "all of the above."
>
> Edward   ><>

High crimes, treason, bribery. Clinton has committed all of these. The
problem is that the rest of the more powerful politicians have done
the
same. They simply CAN'T bring these charges against him because he can
bring the same charges against his acusers during questioning in court
or in the Senate. Why do you think that the Judiciary Committee
decided
not to look into Clinton/Gore's campaign finance criminalities? That's
the " bribery " issue they need for clear-cut impeachment. But they
are
all guilty of the same crime. The same goes for " treason," since they
also represent corporations who financed them to help do business
abroad
at all costs. Can't go there either.

What you are witnessing is an attempted coup by the right wing. They
want
to throw Clinton off the apple cart without tipping over the apple
cart.
Sit back with this in mind and watch how it's done. It's been done
before.
The Iran/Contra hearings are the blueprint for what happens next. The
real
crimes will be avoided. The minor issues will be exagerated, and they
will
get Clinton out or cripple him severely enough to render him useless.
UNLESS
THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL IN THE SENATE. This is the best we have to
hope
for as citizens. That they will hate each other enough to do each
other real
damage in the eyes of the voters, hopefully ending in some seriously
needed
reforms.

Joshua2