-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Do you actually think the press is "right wing?"  You think the media is in
>bed with Ken Starr?

I've never heard one mainstream media pundit say anything supportive of
Starr...if anything, they consistently present him as 'strange',
'dogmatic', 'driven', 'fanatical'...

>Starr and Clinton are buddies, Starr is saving Clinton's
>butt by not bringing up charges of treason for accepting bribes from the Red
>Chinese in the form of campaign donations.

And other matters...

But I suspect the vehemence against Starr is due more to the fact that
Clinton and his camp expected Starr to be a knee-jerk butt-kisser, and
have been surprised that he's shown a measure of independence from
them...of course, this doesn't mean that Starr may not be kissing someone
ELSE's butt, and is serving THEIR agenda...

But the end result is that the Clintonistas have been surprised that
everything wasn't swept under the rug...but I suspect that Starr focused
on the 'easy' subject of Clinton's sexual escapades, a subject easily
understood by the American public, sure to garner 'OJ Clinton' type
coverage by the media, and hard for Congress to ignore...

I suspect Starr's strategy was to hand Congress an 'easy' matter to
investigate, basically washing his hands of the harder and dirtier stuff,
leaving that for Congress to deal with, if they so choose...an 'iffy'
proposition, since a lot of that dirt is squarely on many members of
Congress, too...

So the Lewinsky scandal gives them an 'out' to investigate, and possibly
remove the president from office, charges which are solely on Clinton,
and wouldn't lead into areas that could be very embarassing, to say the
least, for some of those in Congress...

June

     !          _  _  _  _  _  _` _    _  _ _  _  |_ . _  _  _  |
   -~*~-      _/_)(/_(_|/_)(_)| )/_)  (_|| (/_(/_ |  || )(_|/_) o
    /!\                                _|                 _|
   /%;@\
  o/@,%\o
  /%;`@,\
 o/@'%',\o
 '^^^M^^^`

www.xs4all.nl/~klr

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.