<<
 At 08:36 PM 12/12/98 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 >Now that's an interesting observation. The media have been defending and
 >covering for the current president since before his first election. For
years
 >prior to that they have consistently espoused a left-wing agenda. ......Are
 >you suggesting that all of this is some sort of reverse pyschology?

zeus8 wrote:
<< That would explain the big stink raised by the so-called "liberal media"
 when Brill's Content printed their "Pressgate" story.  You'd think Steven
 Brill was an enemy of the Rupublic for daring to question the media's cozy
 relationship w/ Ken Starr.  Wake up kids, the mainstream media is about as
 liberal as Ronald Reagan.>>

Do you actually think the press is "right wing?"  You think the media is in
bed with Ken Starr?  Starr and Clinton are buddies, Starr is saving Clinton's
butt by not bringing up charges of treason for accepting bribes from the Red
Chinese in the form of campaign donations.  Clinton has given the Red Chinese
full access to nearly anything they want except nuclear weapons.  These are
the charges Clinton should have to be dealing with, not the "smoke and
mirrors" of sexual deviancy

zeus8 wrote:

 <<If you don't believe the polls, try crawling out of your troll cave
 sometime and asking your fellow citizens how they feel about the subject.
 Being social isn't that difficult, in fact I consider it to be and
 important part of citizenship.  I've had trouble finding anyone, even a
 registered Republican, that is for impeachment (A caveat - I'm from Oregon;
 Republicans are a little different here).>>

I've taken many a straw poll at work (work, from people that work, not manage,
but perform the work that makes the managers rich) and two out of thirty-seven
were not for impeachment.  Could be that people who work, don't like
Clinton... why would anyone respect a President who doesn't know the meaning
of the word "is."

zeus8 wrote:
<< I had an interesting conversation w/ some coworkers at the company
 Christmas party tonite.  First there was a discussion about how Clinton's
 sexual peccadillos were nothing compared to Bush's involvement in the both
 the S&L & Iran/Contra scandals.  Then we discussed Bush's ties w/ C I A
 drug running.  A coworker and his wife from Texas acted like the Bush/C I
 A/drug connection was common knowledge.  I can hardly characterize them as
 being a part of "the ignorant masses".>>

Talk about comparing apples and oranges!  Compare Clinton, not using the media
dominated crap about sex, but the real issues such as Chinagate, Whitewater,
UN parks, UN historical rivers, Africa bombings and the Sudan bombings,
Clinton and drug connections in Mena and deaths surrounding him, the list goes
on and on.  Compare Clinton and Bush this way and you'll find they are the
same... just no one had the balls to take on Bush.

 zeus8 wrote:

 <<The irony is that Carter is probably the last honorable man that will serve
 as president (honorable relative to other presidents, that is, I know about
 Jimmy's dirty laundry).  It's hard to find anyone that thinks he was a good
 president (myself included), yet he is to this day a decent human being.
 You'll never find George Bush swinging a hammer to build a house for a poor
 person.>>

Don't remember seeing Clinton swinging a hammer either.  In your reply to
Jyester you only seem to address the fact that Bush was not a good President
rather than stick to the subject at hand "Clinton."  I guess that is easier
than defending Clinton, since he has no defense.

 zeus8 wrote:

 <<No, it's the devolution into political gridlock via unlawful abuse of the
 independent council statutes and other laws.  It's the dissolution of the
 carefully placed balances of power in our Constitution.  It's the end of
 democracy as we know it.  From now on, if Congress doesn't like what the
 Executive or Judicial branches are doing, then they can just tie them up w/
 an "independent council".  The distraction will easily drown out any
 meaningful public discourse about things that really matter to you or me.>>

>From the Constitution, Article II, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,
shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason,
Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Impeachment of the President is one of the checks and balances of the
Constitution.

zeus8 wrote:

 <<I do not for a minute think Clinton is an innocent choirboy.  But I'd
 prefer that he be given the benefit of the protections afforded by our
 Constitution and the laws of the land.  Otherwise, it might be me they're
 coming for next time w/ their illegal wiretaps, their illegal press leaks,
 their illegal detention without legal representation, and their overzealous
 interpretation of the Constitution. >>

If it were you or me who was being brought up on these charges we would be
imprisoned, fined, possibly tortured... we would be decimated, but not
Clinton.  Can you actually provide evidence that Clinton had illegal wiretaps?
Was Clinton illegally detained without legal representation?   I don't think
so.  The Constitution has not been interpreted conservatively for a century or
longer.  Clinton ignores the Constitution, and acts as a dictator most of the
time.

Regards,
Bob Stokes