-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990916b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No UFOlogists were abducted to produce this bulletin. Maybe next time...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# PARANORML NEWS NETWORK (P3N). 1. Anomalies were seen near the sun during
  the eclipse: "bogies on the approach." 2. Astronomers baffled by dark
  streaks across sky. 3. Survivor of Turkish quake describes a fireball.
  4. Recent anomaly near Venus on recent SOHO C3. 5. Reports of lunar flash
  or object passing in front of moon: http://www.caus.org/pn082599b.htm

: What's your favorite anomaly? Are you anomalous, baffled, paranormal? Have
you seen fireballs? Do you have fireballs? Have you seen Lunar flashes? How?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# ABDUCTION? I don't know if I was abducted or what happened you be the
  judge. One night about 3 years ago I was on my way back to the East coast
  from the San Francisco area. When I woke up the speedometer hadn't moved
  nor do I remember the drive. The only thing that was out of the ordinary
  was the fact that I was 370 miles father than I should have been and I had
  a killer headache. http://www.homestead.com/ufo3/abduction.html

# Man "Teleported" 20 Miles. (P3N) What I'm about to tell you is the honest
  to God's truth. I can't explain it but I was physically relocated about 30
  kilometers (20 miles) without the aid of man! http://caus.org/pn082899.htm

: Have you been abducted lately? Did they bring you back? Did they lose you?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# CROP CIRCLE REPORTs: Montebello, Quebec Formation; Circle Near Dease Lake,
  B.C.; New Formation: Edmonton, Alberta. http://caus.org/ccr082699.htm
# Large Etching in Neilburg, Saskatchewan: http://caus.org/ccr090899.htm
# Update on Neilburg, Sask. Crop Formation: http://caus.org/ccr091199.htm

@ Newest Crop Circles: http://www.homestead.com/ufo3/newcrop.html
@ Crop Formations: http://geocities.com/Eureka/Gold/9912/cropcircle.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Oxygen Bar offers breath of fresh air.  LOS ANGELES (U-WIRE) If you have
  been looking for a breath of fresh air, your search is over. Oxygen Bar
  (O2), a new hot spot on the Sunset Strip, allows visitors to breathe fresh
  oxygen while eating, drinking and listening to music. A calm, relaxing
  hangout: http://news.excite.com/news/uw/990915/odd-150

: Do you inhale enough oxygen? Do you need supplements? Should everyone in
and around Los Angeles receive supplemental oxygen? Do ETs siphon it off??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Visions of Robert Monroe. Monroe describes a peculiar type of clair-
  voyant out-of-body experience (OBE) he experienced involuntarily, wherein
  he hears a hiss, a door opens, & he views an event, as if he were watching
  television. He relates several of these experiences, and describes how
  they each came true in real life.  http://caus.org/mc090899.htm

: Do you have visions? Do they come true? Do you forget or ignore those that
don't come true? Do you leave you body often? Do you always return? Why not?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Brain buildup causes addiction. (AP) - Cocaine may be one of the toughest
  addictions to cure because it triggers buildups of a protein that persists
  in the brain and stimulates genes that intensify the craving for the drug.
  Once the buildup begins, the need for the drug becomes overpowering and
  the user's behavior becomes increasingly compulsive. And they smell bad -
  see http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561172723-f30

: Do proteins accumulate in your head? Have you flushed them out lately? Can
you recommend a good brainwashing service? Did your head shrink lately? How?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# PERSONAL CONTACT EXPERIENCES (PCEs): Dreams of Nordic ETs. After our enc-
  ounter with the UFO in '82, nothing much else happened EXCEPT that I had a
  few dreams over the years related to these tall, blonde, fair people...
  in particular, flying with them. http://www.caus.org/pc081799.htm
# A Sky Within the Sky - another PCE from Posey, one of our more prolific
  experiencers: http://caus.org/pc091699.htm

: Do you dream of flying/falling/fucking with Nordics, Grays, Reptoids, me?
Are these persistent dreams? Are you sure they're but dreams? How d'ya know?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

UFO-Rama:

# Near Collision With UFO Baffles Aviation Experts. (BBC) A UFO that
  narrowly avoided colliding with a passenger jet flying from London's
  Heathrow Airport has baffled av-experts. The metallic grey-coloured
  object was spotted by pilots of an Oslo-bound McDonnell Douglas MD81:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_448000/448267.stm

# UFO GEOMETRY 101: 1) Iowa Pilot Sees Triangle Seeding Clouds. 2) Texas
  Flying Triangle. 3) Calif. Flying Triangle. http://caus.org/ft091699.htm

# 1500 Men On Deck See Three UFOs Confront Carrier USS Essex In 1967.
  Was it a hoax? It seems weird that someone would kill three guys
  for a prank. http://www.sightings.com/ufo4/carrieressex.htm

# UFO REPORTs: Major UFO Sighting & Alien Encounter! I was on the phone with
  both Henry and Mike at the time of the encounter's and sighting. Both were
  extremely traumatized. I could here Henry in the background almost crying
  and yelling, "I saw him!  I saw him!".  http://caus.org/mu090999.htm

# 1) UFO Immobolizes Wheelchair 2) UFO in 1977 http://caus.org/mu091199.htm
# UFO GEOMETRY 101 - Triangular UFOs x3: http://www.caus.org/ft082699.htm
# Tri-UFO about 75 miles west of Memphis, TN. http://caus.org/ft081799.htm

# ETs and Ground Traces Found in Quebec? Someone Believes They Saw
  "Entities" At Grand-Mere: http://www.ufocity.com/breaking/bn-137.cfm
@ Russian Rocket Re-entry? Well, Think Again! http://caus.org/mc091699.htm

# Landed UFO with Horse's Tail. I read about the recent Belgian sighting
  of a strange UFO.  I knew instantly that it was the same type of craft
  that my mother saw about 13 years ago as she traveled across Nevada on
  her way to Las Vegas. http://caus.org/mu082899.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 "Make wild unsubstantiated claims about: yourself, the government, aliens,
  MIB, paranormal powers, talking to dead relatives, crystal healing, who
  really killed Kenny, the Psychic Friends Network, near death experiences,
  channelling spirits of dead gurus, your life as a circus sideshow freak,
  communicating with dead pets and farm animals, Nostradumbass' predictions,
  how Marilyn Manson has made your life better/worse; how much you can:
  bench press, drink, fart, lie, withstand g-forces, seduce women/men, climb
  mountains/trees, talk with dolfins, goats, zebras, antelope, honeybees or
  your pet snapping turtle named Ralph Waldo Emerson." --PAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* http://skepticon.da.ru (updated) * ICQ# 19633976 * FAX: 603-415-3736
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/SkeptiNews archives: http://skeptifiles.da.ru (belated)
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *