</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000202c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* No alien civilizations were obliterated to produce this bulletin. Yet...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Image Surfer: http://isurf.interpix.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# GEORGIA UFO INVESTIGATION. LA GRANGE - They were 75 to 80 yards from the
  UFO that hovered about 12 feet above their property! This was a close-
  encounter and may tie in with what folks in South Mississippi and the
  airplane crew in Missouri saw the same night. Unless the shuttle was
  fixing to land in a Troup County pasture and has silent boosters we
  can safely rule the shuttle out! http://www.caus.org/mu020200.htm

: Has your shuttle been mistaken for a UFO lately? Are some witnesses really
easy to deceive? Do you take your shuttle all over the world, trying to fool
people into thinking they're seeing a UFO? Do you dress like a Reptoid too?

# UFO Detector: http://www.parascope.com/nb/detector.htm
# Israeli Man Abducted, Sprinkled With "Fairy Dust" During
  UFO Flap: http://www.parascope.com/articles/1196/fairy.htm
# Hooded Robed Beings - Continued: http://www.caus.org/pc020200.htm
# Man Vanishes During Brazilian UFO Flap: www.parascope.com/nb/brazufo.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Syrian Newspaper Calls Holocaust a 'Myth' DAMASCUS, Syria (Reuters) -
  An official Syrian newspaper described the Holocaust as a myth, accusing
  Israel of exaggerating the extent of the Nazi slaughter of Jews to gain
  Western support and contain its opponents. "Why does Israel insist on
  bringing up this alleged Holocaust policy?" - state newspaper Tishreen:
  http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000131/wl/syria_holocaust_2.html

# Complex update on Holocaust-denial wars - Holocaust On Trial:
  http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/02/002guttenplan.htm

: What's your favorite historical revision? Have you revised history lately?
Is your revision relevant? Is history relevant? Have you altered the course
of events? Would you rather revise the past/present/future? What's y'r plot?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Other Stars, Other Worlds, Other Life. An expert has concluded after a
  lifetime's work on the formation of the solar system: "When the remote
  chances of developing a habitable planet are added to the chances of dev-
  eloping both high intelligence and a technically advanced civilization,
  the odds of finding 'little green men' elsewhere in the universe decline
  to zero." The bleak suggestion that we are freaks of chance and probably
  all the intelligence there is in this immense universe is intuitively
  unsatisfactory. What a pickle: http://www.caus.org/pn020200.htm

# Peru Defends Ancient Desert Lines From Flood Threat. LIMA (Reuters) --
  Laborers toiled to defend Peru's ancient Nasca lines by digging ditches
  and unblocking drains to prevent mudslides that could damage the massive
  and mysterious drawings that form one of the nation's top tourist sites.
  Saving alien artifacts: http://news.excite.com/news/r/000202/08/odd-nasca
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_627000/627899.stm

: Are we all alone in the universe? Did we have to make the pyramids, Nazca
lines, Euro megaliths, all by ourselves? Are we smart enough for that? How
did we manage without alien assistance? Are we just lucky? For how long??

# Also - R.I.P. "Lady of the Lines" - Nazca scholar dies:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_627000/627899.stm
@ Links - Nazca - The Lines: http://www.crystalinks.com/nasca.html
@ The Lost City of Nasca: http://www.bbc.co.uk/horizon/nasca.shtml
@ Exploring the Nazca lines: http://www.peru-explorer.com/nasca.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Row over new 'morning-after' pill. (BBC) A new version of the "morning-
  after" pill is launched in the UK amid claims it will promote promiscuity.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_627000/627557.stm

# 'Morning After' Drugs May Save People From HIV. SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters)
  They may never know for sure since it is impossible to prove that someone
  has escaped infection, but a team of California researchers think they
  have helped prevent HIV infection using a "morning-after" dose of drugs.
  Dose me: http://news.excite.com/news/r/000202/05/science-aids-prevention

: Do you need pills to be promiscuous? Are you promiscuous with men, women,
kids, aliens, animals, robots, me? Are you infections? Are your partners?
Are the voices in your head? Who would you most like to infect? With what?

@ The HIV myth. Is the government telling us the truth? Or do they even
  know what the truth is? http://www.sfbayguardian.com/nessie/9.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Crash-O-Rama Redux:

# Pilot's desperate struggle revealed. (BBC) Air crash investigators say
  the pilot of stricken Flight 261 struggled to control the plane for six
  minutes before it plunged into the Pacific. Radioed for tech help:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_627000/627781.stm

# Also: Hope fades for LA crash survivors - all just shark food now:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_627000/627201.stm
# Airline's worst incident for 30 years - maintenance probe ongoing:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_626000/626805.stm

: Did I down AK261 in revenge for Alaska Air recently sending my luggage off
to the wrong time zone & then shredding it, feeding me crap, and generally
providing one of the worst flying experiences in my life? Am I to blame??

# Investigators search for Kenya flight recorders. (BBC) Divers continue
  to search the wreckage of the plane which crashed off Ivory Coast.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_628000/628000.stm

# Also: Victims' families to fly to Abidjan:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_627000/627343.stm
# Black box: Key to disaster investigations:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_626000/626659.stm
# Timeline: African air disasters:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_626000/626310.stm

: Has the US military been blamed for the KenyaAir crash yet? Was Alaska 261
splashed to distract us from other events? How many air crashes are US secu-
rity forces responsible for or complicit in? How many 3rd-world air crashes
are ignored by Western media? Are 3rd-world UFO crashes disregarded too???

# Lockerbie suspects plead not guilty. (BBC) The two men accused of
  the Lockerbie bombing enter pleas of not guilty as the BBC raises
  the possibility of televising the trial. Spectre of OJ haunts court:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/scotland/newsid_628000/628320.stm

  "Is today significant? Not only is it 2/2/2000 but it also happens to be
   333 days until Christmas. 666 being the number of the beast and 333 being
   the number of some demon named Choronzon..." --PAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm