----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Christians" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > # COSMIC RAYS WILL REVEAL UNIVERSAL SECRETS - Argentine telescope
> > may solve mysteries surrounding the Big Bang, black holes...
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_719000/719514.stm
>
> Given the notable tendency of the dominant life forms on earth to
> hurl things at each other, we should afford due respect to the
> hypothesis that the cosmic rays are the stray rounds and misses
> from gazillions and billions of star wars.  Nothing in these
> articles to disprove that, is there?

Not a damn thing.  Given that intelligence/dominance/technology seems
linked to social aggression, it's fair to assume that any successful
ETs are at least as violent as humans.  Any sufficiently advanced
technological civilization will master the mechanisms of detonating
stars/galaxies/clusters, triggering black holes etc wherever they
desire for tactical/strategic aims, etc.  Thus, some portion of the
observed cosmic radiation represents the detritus of cosmic conflict.

Those who can, will.  Any possible destructive measure WILL be taken.
The best evidence AGAINST the possibility of time travel is that, if
time travel were possible, somebody WOULD have traveled back, mucked
around with the Big Bang, and prevented our universe from existing.
Mutual Assured Destruction doesn't get any more definite than that.

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters