A list like this one is bound to attract the 'barmy army' element, and if
you don't take them too seriously, they can be quite amusing.

However, it has been pointed out that the purpose of this list is serious
research and some valuable work is being done. That may well be the case, I
don't know.

IF this is a serious discussion list, then when someone posts an unsupported
'fact', it is not at all unreasonable for someone else to ask for a source
or verifiable reference for this 'fact'. This is perfectly normal procedure
and should come as no surprise to anyone.

If, on the other hand, you are going to allow ( and believe) any old rubbish
that someone decides is of merit, the list will have no credibility at all
and you may as well rename it as 'Conspiracy Fantasy Research List'.

Yesterday, I asked Duncan to provide some evidence for a claim he was
making. Up to now I have had no response apart from a rather cryptic ' you
can take a horse to water' message. I must therefore conclude that his
claims are false and he should withdraw them.

The above quotation is of a similar vein, I would like to see a valid source
for this claim, and I will be more than surprised if one is found.

I know that some people will not like my style and find me offensive, I can
live with that, but if you don't like what I write, don't open my posts. I
am not attacking any individual poster, I always try to play the ball, not
the man, but if you are going to forward posts that are plain silly, then
you can get what you deserve. (In my opinion.)

Silas

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters