In a message dated 5/27/00 5:53:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> To be even more precise, a television program supposedly alleged that the
>  Belgian air force supposedly thinks that what was seen could not have been
>  formed by earthly technology.
>
>  No names of anyone in the Belgian air force are being put forth as a source
>  for this supposed allegation.

Names in second exerpt.

http://www.cninews.com/CNI_99Headline.html

Among the biggest stories ever featured in CNI News was the release in July
of the "COMETA" UFO report by leading French military officers and
scientists, which categorically stated that UFOs are physically real,
anomalous, of defense significance and therefore deserving of coordinated
international study. The international silence that greeted COMETA's report
was nothing short of bizarre.

http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/belgium/belup.html

We have obtained, courtesy of French researcher Jean-Luc Rivera, a copy of
the complete report of this incident, which was prepared by Air Force Major
P. Lambrechts, from the Air Force General Staff in Brussels, and which was
forwarded to the SOBEPS following the instructions of full cooperation with
that group. The "Report Concerning the Observation of UFOs During the Night
of March 30 to 31, 1990," includes a full chronology of the events, as well
as a thick dossier of enclosures with eyewitness' descriptions from several
gendarmes and maps of where the sightings took place.
-----
http://www.ping.be/aura-oasis/BelgUFO.htm

The following is a report written by the secretarial staff
of the Belgian Air Force staff.

REPORT ON THE OBSERVATION OF UFOs
DURING THE NIGHT OF MARCH 30-31, 1990
-------

  Oh, and this has been discussed on the CTRL list as well:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:18:25 -0800

In late 1989 through out 1990, more than 30000 Belgians witnessed silent
and triangular shaped UFOs darting in the skies. Why Belgium? Belgium is
apart of NATO defence.

In the United States there has been a mass outbreak of black triangular
UFOs hovering over house tops and travelling at fantastic speeds while
securing sharp angled turns with ease. Are these UFOs from outer space? Or
are they from planet earth. You be the judge.           -Rick-
----
http://ufos.about.com/science/ufos/library/bldata/blsight4.htm

  Try this site for European UFO sightings.
----
>  Yes, from what I remember in "Above Top Secret", they just repeat these
19th
>  century stories, they do not 'document' them by doing research and gain any
>  corraborating evidence.

  As I recall, it named the papers, dates and authors as well as the
accounts.  If witness accounts are not meaningful to you, so be it.  Good has
the newspaper accounts.  I'm not quite sure how he would corroborate the
stories with DEAD PEOPLE.

>It is, perhaps, 'documentation' of what a number of eye-witnesses claim to
>have seen.  It tells us nothing regarding the real nature of what was seen.
>Eye-witness testimony is highly subjective, colored by the intellect and
>emotions of the observer.

  Standard assertion.  Thousands of people have been simulatenous witnesses
to unidentified flying objects.  It does not tell the real nature of the
objects, but since multiple sightings have been made even before the
invention of the airplane, a little deductive reasoning mught be in order.

  I hope you don't believe anything you've ever read about history, since it
all comes ultimately from witness accounts which are apparently "highly
subjective, colored by the intellect and emotions of the observer."

Samantha

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL