From: "Samantha L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   I don't recall list rules mentioning that we are obliged to track down
> original sources of information and their physical location in order to enjoy
> the privilege of posting articles here.  The standards expected of list
> members who DARE post articles about unidentified flying objects or their
> possible origins exceeds the standards required of list members who post
> anything else on this list.  Why is that?

There is no double standard.  We would expect the same standard of evidence
from someone making a post claiming to know 'for a fact' that the U.N. is
behind the mysterious contrail spraying.  Or that Arab terrorists are
involved.  Or space aliens from Alpha Centauri.

Originally the moderators were more strick in what was allowed on this list.
Unfortunately the calibre has slipped quite a bit in recent years.

It's still better than lists like SNET, which really slid into the toilet.

>   However, Bruce Cornet does have an email address.  If you ask nicely, I
> might provide it.  I think you can figure out for yourself how to travel to
> Belgium to view their radar tapes, or to go to France to read a hard copy of
> the COMETA report.

That's not OUR job, but yours.  YOU are the one offering an opinion, for which
you aren't willing to do the necessary work to back up.

You have a perfect right to accept any manner of extraordinary claims at face
value.  The rest of us don't.

I am perfectly willing to accept any manner of extraordinary claims...but not
at face value.  Give me hard evidence and documentation.

You ET-true-believers are doing nothing but proselytizing a new religion...
expecting us to go on nothing but faith, and labeling all who question your
dogma as heretics.

June

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL