From: "Samantha L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>I personally believe that yes, beings from elsewhere in the universe
>visiting here would be, by definition, moral and enlightened beings - that
>there is a fail-safe-clause in the ordered universe that allows only beings
>of a certain spiritual level to achieve certain technologies.

Oh, so using that logic, western society is more moral than South
Pacific tribes, because western society developed the A-bomb and the
Pacific islanders did not...therefore, we were morally justified in
forceably evicting the residents of the Bikini atolls from their
centuries-old home so that we could use it for our nuclear tests...

Were the developers of Iron Age tools morally superior to their Stone
Age ancestors?  Were their Bronze Age decendents then morally superior
to themselves?

What evidence do you have for this universal 'fail-safe-clause'?

>If one thinks
>of imagination as having a direct correlation to
>inventiveness, then this is not so far-fetched.

Imagination does not need a moral compass.  Some of the most inventive
people were social and moral bastards.

>I postulate that this is indeed an organized universe with
>rules, regulations and heirarchies, and no, I have no evidence for
>such......

Fine, as long as it is clear that what you post is your own belief, and
that you aren't trying to present it as 'the real truth'...

And as you probably have figured out, I disagree with your assessment.

>So it wouldn't be that divinity is magically bestowed, but that to be free
>to roam the universe, a civilization would have to achieve a certain level
>of enlightenment first in order that harm might not spread.

I don't particularly believe it.  I feel that if there are beings on
other planets, they are no better or no worse, in a moral sense, than
we ourselves are.  And just as Europeans spread untold disease and
misery into the other continents they 'discovered' and conquered for
their rulers -- sometimes wittingly, sometimes unwittingly -- so too I
feel that if beings from other planets come here, they will be just as
likely to do so for the same reasons human beings have gone exploring
--whether for patriotism, to seek riches, or to spread 'the true
religion'...

>If they are extra-dimensional, how logical is it to postulate that they may
>have been here all along, when we don't even understand the nature of
>extra-dimensions?  Where is the "here" in the "extra-
>dimensional beings that have been here all along?  Cleveland?  They could
>be evil, duping people into believing in their goodness.  They could be
>evil and accidentally causing spiritual awakening.

You presume that what a person is undergoing is an 'awakening', when in
fact they may be being conned...led to believe it is an 'awakening'
when it is really nothing but psychic manipulation.

Why do you think run-of-the-mill con artists are so successful?  Because
they don't go around advertising their ill-intent, rather they are quite
skillful in making their mark believe they have the mark's best interest at
heart.

What we may have here is a psychic con game...

>I don't think it's very likely.  Is there some evidence
>for the presumption that if extra-dimensional beings exist that they are
>all evil?

"By their fruits you shall know them".  What GOOD are these beings
really accomplishing?  Seems to me the message the 'good' ones always
impart have to do with humanity giving up its individuality, and
forming some variation of a 'new world order'.  Sounds very fascist to
me...and I use that term deliberately.

June

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL