On Sun, 3 Sep 2000 10:28:09 -0400, Aleisha Saba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
posted article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
which said:

> One thing, sometimes it takes a crook to catch a crook - maybe
> that old like by hook or crook, we get them all in the end for I
> still believe in the ballot box

Not I.  I mean, if you look at the underhanded tactics being carried out
on the world scene, how the hell can anybody believe in the ballot box?
I think most of politics, debates and media appearances are carried on
as a front to what's going on behind the scenes.  I think the ballot box
is the biggest sham of all, but I think many people continue to believe
in it because, they think it's the only power they have.  However, these
discussions do raise awareness, which is very important.  If the voting
system is corrupt, raising awareness won't change the outcome of
elections, but at least people are aware of it.  Being taken by
completely by surprise is the worst thing that can happen to a person.
Having long been aware of the problems, people will be more prepared to
deal with anything that happens in between.

Ty