[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< You guys really live in la-la land don't you?
 You need to get real.>>

I am in a very real world, but it is out west, not back east.

<< First of all VERY FEW PEOPLE OWN GUNS. That's right.
 You have lots of guns out there, but a small percentage
 of the population owns all of them.>>

What facts do you have to support this supposition?

<< This better sink in
 if you think you are going to take on the most powerful
 force in history.>>

A very small force of people took on the US military many years ago and won.
The US military was very powerful then, but not now; it is a skeleton force
at best.  Vietnam did this with rifles against thousands of aircraft with an
unlimited budget for bombs and against choppers that as thick as fireflies in
a Georgia summer night.

<< As for militias, you can discount about
 half of the militia's membership in an insurrection. Half
 of those are FBI agents.>>

I wouldn't count on militia people, they are just overgrown boys playing
soldier as far as I can see, never met one in person.  Mostly a bunch of
wannabes.

 <<Most importantly, the majority of citizens would not care
 much if the government wanted to take away guns. That means
 that gov would have a green light to deal with gun nuts and
 militia types.>>

Just what is your definition of a "gun nut?'"  What makes you think that the
military would turn into ATF agents and confiscate guns on the orders of some
college-educated officer puke?  I was in the USAF for 20 years and many in
the armed forces support the right to bear arms against an oppressive
government (the true meaning of the second amendment).  For eight of those
years I worked hand-in-hand with the Army and I know they wouldn't like this
idea; most of them are gun owners themselves.

<< If you doubt this, I would remind you of how
 much the general population cares about Waco.>>

Those people are dead, I am not.  Those people were religious and didn't have
the stomach for killing ... I am not religious and am fully prepared to
defend myself against any hostile person or persons who try to disarm me.  As
for Waco, the sheep who call themselves people believe everything they hear
on the nightly news ... yeah right.

<< Be warned! >>

I understand and have heeded the warning, that's why I'm prepared for the
worst should it happen.  What will you do?  Once the guns are gone the
government need not hide their fascist agenda any longer.

Bob Stokes