-Caveat Lector-

>Taking even more money out of public education is not the answer. Taking
>money out of the public education system can only make education more
>iniquitous than it already is. This is the apparent, but hidden, agenda
>of those who propose to do so. They are conspiring behind our backs to
>widen the gap between the rich and the rest of us. The only reason this
>conspiracy is not generally considered illegal is because they write the
>laws. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a conspiracy.
>Nessie

    Guess it depends on how you define "public education."
    If you define it as continuing the taxpayer subsidized boondoggle
    known as "public schools" - then it would be impossible to make
    Govt Schools anymore "iniquitous" then the are today.

    To claim that a voucher system supports a "class system" defies reality.

    Nothing is more "classist" then the present Govt School System. The children
    of the Elite attend excellent private schools. The children of the middle class
    generally attend mediocre Govt Schools that are continually declining in the
    quality of the eduation offered - at an increasing higher cost per pupil.

    The children of the poor attend atrocious Govt Schools - at increasingly
    higher per pupil costs. Many of the poor urban areas (Wash. D.C.) have
    the HIGHEST per pupil cost then anywhere else in the country.

    If you provide public funds to provide private alternatives to the
    failing Govt Schools, (at less cost per pupil then Govt Schools)
    you provide an opportunity for the poorest kids to have some
    hope of escaping the life time sentence of underachievment.

    Why do you suppose that the biggest supporters for vouchers
    come from the Inner Cities? Generations of kids from the Inner
    Cities have been destroyed by Govt Schools.

   But then again the Govt School System is a creation of the Corporate State.
   The supporters of the Corporate State will fight to the death to preserve it.
   flw