Hi,
Well, I am not talking about Catholic history.  I am talking about Christian history and like it or not after about 350CE Christian history became Catholic but before that it was Christian history.  There were Christians over a hundred years before the supposed birth of Jesus.  There were no Catholics.
If you are of a Christian faith then your root is Catholicism.  That is the well spring of Protestant, Lutheran and other sects.
db