In a message dated 4/24/02 5:26:48 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Well Hammurabi, if the history of Christianity and Judaism was as simple as
you make it out to be, it probably wouldn't have taken thousands of years for
it to be debunked by you and your peers.  They say a good academic is one who
learns more and more and less and less.  You appear to have taken on the task
of knowing all that was learned over such a long period of time and debunking
all of it.  Well, my friend, more power to you.  It's a big job and should
keep you out of trouble for the rest of your life.

Well, your logic is extremely flawed.  It has taken thousands of years to "debunk" Christianity because of the abusive control that the Papal Throne exerted over their empire.  Any efforts to question, from a scholarly point of view, the historicity of Jesus, the Gospels or any other aspects of the canonized texts were severely dealt with.  Had it been an open subject, with the curious allowed access to documents (if they could read them at all because the church kept the masses illiterate and used the vulgate Latin in masses and such when Latin was a dead language) there would have been a much earlier "understanding" of early church history and the origins of the myth of Jesus as man.
I am curious, because you cite no references, studies or research why you would make such a long winded statement with no substance?  How do you make the assumption that  studying history will keep me out of trouble for the rest of my life?  History is a volatile subject and I have obviously struck a cord with you from your condescending statements.

<As far as self-confidence, anyone who has put a few years on begins to be
unsure about many things, including the extent of their own brilliance.>

My comment about self confidence was said tongue in cheek in response to another knee jerk backbiter that has done no research such as yourself.  I have paid a lot of dues and know that there are a lot more to pay.  If you have anything to say that is relevant to the subject instead of your shallow emotional response to my posting then I would be glad to respond further.
db