From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Mr Kleasen is the spawn of your country, you are welcome to have him back.
>With regards to the MP, if you are curious about crime cameras, ask her
>yourself. Nothing to do with me, nor am I interested.
>Now, if you read my post, you will see that I don't offer any explanation,
>excuse or apology for this homicidal American person being allowed to have a
>firearm. In your fantasy law-free society, though, he would be allowed to.
>I know which I prefer, and it isn't yours, matey.
>You can spout on all you want about how great the a place the American west
>was, about sheriffs and all that wild west stuff.  I., personally, am not
>interested in how great it was to live in the cowboy days. If there is any
>relevance to the present UK society, then wake me up and tell me.In any
>case, you can't really go back much further than the wild west days, as your
>native peoples didn't keep recorded history, did they? Come to think of it,
>all that stuff about Wyatt Earp and those brave frontier sheriffs was really
>just a myth created in Hollywood and Zane Grey books, wasn't it? Or was
>there really such persons as the lone ranger and Bill Boyd?
>As for less laws creating less criminals...you must have been up all night
>working that one out, or is it in a poster in one of your 'Anarchy 'r us'
>shops? Or a 'Waco u like'?
>Perhaps a quick look at the laws in the most litigation conscious society in
>the world ......blow me.....I just realised...are you thinking of returning
>to your roots?
>
>IG
>From the Little House on the Prairie.
>--
>I'm sure the response ET will make is that you're right the "Wild" West
>was in fact quite a safe, boring place, despite the relative lack of
>gun laws (and handguns quite honestly, pistols were too expensive for
>most people to afford, I've been to an auction of firearms from
>this period and it was all shotguns and a couple of Winchester rifles).
>
>Steve.

        Steve, & IG,

        Where to begin, where to begin?
        Well, allow me to put a new roll of caps in my cap gun.
        I'm gonna smoke you, IG, I hope yer ready! <big grin>

        Spawn?!!
        Er, uh, well, umm. No, just a an otherwise maladjusted human.
        He could well have been born in your nation, and have been a
transplant to the US. He's a human, IG. That's it, that's all. That he ended
up in you nation and caused additional mayhem isn't the my fault by
proxy. But, as Steve said previously: your laws, your problem.

        Now, about that 'American West' comment?
        If you v-e-r-y carefully, review my comments, in my recent past
post - the one which you comment on - I never mentioned the anything
about the 'wild west', and I didn't need to, because the 'wild west'
was largely
a fiction. I have commented as such in previous posts here, and it behoves
any serious student of American History to ignore the mass media and
Hollywood machinations, hallucinations, and convenient lies to make a buck,
and instead refer to the real history that is written by Real Historians (tm).
        The 'wild west' was a manufactured lie. It was the pulp fiction
writer's orgasm, and the dirt farmer's nightmare.
        Yeah, there were a few notable outlaws who managed to garner
some starving story writer's attention, and the rest of the country
(east coast)
was absorbed in reading the largely manufactured and utterly groundless
assertions of those writers commentary.  Life in America was damn boring
in that period of time. So what's yer beef? That some guys lied through their
teeth, inspired a few shady characters to become really baaaad bad asses?
        You gonna believe the whole sheeebang about the local shootouts
happening on a daily basis? <snicker!>

        Am I gonna believe that you guys still slap each other with gloves
and proceed to the nearest park or 'green' and duel it out with pistols or
swords of your choice?!! <snort!!>

        Yeah, right, uh-huh.
        Ya, sure, ya-betcha! (as they say in Ballard, Washington.)

        Now, we get to the serious stuff -- I think . . .
        IG's comment:
        "If there is any relevance to the present UK society, then wake
me up and tell me.In any case, you can't really go back much further than
the wild west days, as your native peoples didn't keep recorded history,
did they?"
        Boy, IG, you really know how to kick a guy in the, uh, gonads.

        Man, like, you act like we don't have no history, before Wyatt
Earp!  What the hell (I mean heck) happened to the American Revolution?

        Was the some kind of fast forward past the unpleasant part?
        We DID have a disagreement of sorts, it that's what you'd like
to call it . . .

        Now, inserting the missing history that was so, shall we say  --
objectionable ? -- there is that significant portion which (if those filthy
colonials are to be believed) was quite interestingly observed as have no
serious criminal disturbances. As for a fact, lads as young as 12,
were expected
to be quite proficient with the musket -- the assault tool of the period.
        I certainly won't bore you with all the details. You'd just fast
forward to the 1940's western, shoot'em up parts anyway.
        Those movies were fun to watch, weren't they?
        Anecdote:
        When I moved to Washington, back around 1980,  there were
some friends of mine (from Massachusetts) who were under the impression
that -- get this -- there was still no electricity, no community
water, or sewer,
no telephones, and no big cities here. Yeah, here in the great Northwest
where Bill Gates was just beginning to kick some royal butt.
        Understand here, IG, that their perception was 'given' to them by
the local Boston, Mass. press.

        Now, where were we?
--
=*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*= =*=
Liberty: Live it . . . or lose it.

ET
--
I've been to Las Vegas, New Mexico (only because it was the only
place in 400 miles with any avgas), and let me tell everyone,

There is a museum in the town with some snippets about Doc Holliday
and Billy the Kid, but trust me, you aren't missing much!  Not
so much a case of being the only thing in the Yellow Pages as
the only thing on _the_ Yellow Page.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]