On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:11:51AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> Alice uses a laptop or beltpack machine, with a Webcam or DV camcorder.
> (Minor details of using the laptop while closed...some laptops  support
> this, others shut down. Hence the mention of beltpack/gargoyle
> machines.)
[...]
> Alice broadcasts, Bob receives, Alice is arrested for thoughtcrime, Bob
> later uploads.

Some of the Indymedia folks have been planning this for the next round
of protests in DC, with the addition of Bob doing a live uplink. They're
stymied so far by lack of cash, but as prices fall, I'd expect this to
become standard activist hardware. Then the cops will respond by
jamming, etc.

-Declan