--
Declan McCullagh:
> what you say may be true (but hardly moral) if (a) all the
> innocents from that nation or ethnic group can be killed and
> (b) it can be kept quiet or other nations don't care.

No need to keep it quiet.  The French would kiss our feet as
they kissed the feet of the Nazis.   The New York Times glories
in a pulitzer prize received for laudatory reporting of similar
activities by the communists, and would doubtless drop its
present anti war stance for similarly laudatory reporting.

Indeed, to keep it quiet would be useless.  Were the US to burn
every Iraqi child alive, the intent and purpose would be to
have everyone strongly suspect, so that the world would learn
to let sleeping giants lie.   Similar tactics were repeatedly
employed throughout the the twentieth century, and were
invariably highly effective, and welcomed everywhere in the
finest universities, amongst the very best people, and the most
prestigious publications, with glowing praise.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     3ugzZZGkxDJMCzgCZSym0TNHDvLJtovGA0GdGNLC
     4eZu4NvyASZJK56sH1lBkFMLUv6ARCl1r7M/m6epB