On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:52 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I have heard some folks saying that they code their own forms.  After
> working with the class designer I feel that it is even better than VFP.
>  I can put together a great form in a short period of time and the
> property sheet, object view, code editor are better than VFP by a long
> shot (in my opinion of course - I've only been working with FoxPro since
> 91).  The sizers make for a very professional form, too.  I would like
> to know why some of you code your own forms by hand.

        Dabo had been around for several years before I got the Class Designer
to the point where it was reliable enough for real production use. In the
meantime, coding your UIs by hand was the only option, and thanks to Python's
ability to quickly run your code, is almost as fast to do in the hands of a
good coder.

        I still remember in the Fox 2.x days that there were devs who shunned
the whole .scx stuff, and coded all their forms in PRGs. It was simply that
that's the way they learned to do it, and they got very good at it, so they saw
no reason to change.

-- Ed Leafe