Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:52 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>
>> I have heard some folks saying that they code their own forms.  After
>> working with the class designer I feel that it is even better than VFP.
>>  I can put together a great form in a short period of time and the
>> property sheet, object view, code editor are better than VFP by a long
>> shot (in my opinion of course - I've only been working with FoxPro since
>> 91).  The sizers make for a very professional form, too.  I would like
>> to know why some of you code your own forms by hand.
>
>       Dabo had been around for several years before I got the Class Designer
> to the point where it was reliable enough for real production use. In the
> meantime, coding your UIs by hand was the only option, and thanks to Python's
> ability to quickly run your code, is almost as fast to do in the hands of a
> good coder.
>
>       I still remember in the Fox 2.x days that there were devs who shunned
> the whole .scx stuff, and coded all their forms in PRGs. It was simply that
> that's the way they learned to do it, and they got very good at it, so they
> saw no reason to change.
>

> -- Ed Leafe

Ed:  I was one of those guys.  Maybe that's why I asked the question.  I
am totally impressed with the job you guys have done.  The class
designer is a powerful, reliable and intuitive tool to use.  We won't
even mention Python here!!!  I am about to launch a major application
using Dabo and I feel confident I can use Dabo instead of VFP with
equivalent results.  I can use VFP9 for familiarity, but I want to use Dabo.

Thank you for your dedication to this great project!

Jeff

Jeff Johnson
j...@dcsoftware.com
Phoenix Python User Group - sunpigg...@googlegroups.com