John wrote:
>> John:  Can you give me some examples of the flexibility you mentioned?
>
> Sure, I find myself using many custom controls and needing custom layouts.
> And then there are the client "change orders" - I find it difficult to add
> controls and move others around using ClassDesigner.   Also I find it does
> not take very long to hand code forms.  Believe me when I say I never would
> have guessed I would be hand coding forms after using the VFP designer for
> the last 10 years.  I also don't like hand editing XML - which is what
> ClassDesigner and ReportDesigner produce.
>
> That said, I use ClassDesigner to create my maintenance forms.  I also use
> ClassDesigner to write all my bizobjs.  ClassDesigner allows you to create
> the bizobj class code when you "add controls from data environment".  I then
> use the bizobj ClassDesigner produces (real python/Dabo code and not XML) on
> my forms.
>
> Johnf

I haven't looked into this deeply, but my first glance is that it is not
easy to take a cdxml form and convert it to a "hand" coded form.  Kind
of like the class designer in FoxPro.  You can view an scx form and view
code and save it as a prg.  I could imagine creating a form with the
class designer and then saving it in coded format for adjustments and
inheritance.

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson