On Sat 26.Nov.16 18:11, Niccolò Belli wrote:
On sabato 26 novembre 2016 17:30:59 CET, Rico Heil wrote:
Does anybody know, how much of a difference (if any) I should experience
between those two processors while using darktable?

You will probably get better performance saving some bucks on the CPU and buying a very fast GPU for OpenCL acceleration. Something like the RADEON RX 480 would be an optimal solution because of FOSS drivers, but you will have to use the AMDGPU-PRO driver until Clover Image support gets mainlined (hopefully soon).

Niccolò Belli

I've been following this thread and it has prompted me to think about
upgrading from my current Intel chipset video. I'm trying to decide
among the AMD 460/470/480 cards.

How much difference can I expect between a 460 and the more expensive
480? Are there other advantages of going with the 480, such as
future-proofing?

My CPU is a i5-3470 (Ivy Bridge).

- Dan