On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 17:59:14 -0500
Dan McDaniel <d...@dm3.us> wrote:

>I've been following this thread and it has prompted me to think about
>upgrading from my current Intel chipset video. I'm trying to decide
>among the AMD 460/470/480 cards.

Personally, if funds are 'not so good', I would go the the 460. If funds
are 'good', I would go for the 480.

What they didn't speak about in the thread is the amount of memory.
You should get a card with at least 4gb. The rock bottom prices of
the 460 are with on 2gb.

>How much difference can I expect between a 460 and the more expensive
>480? Are there other advantages of going with the 480, such as
>future-proofing?

Future proofing is a 'mugs game'. Even if you get the best and the
fastest, it may not work on your next generation of
computer/motherboard because of the it could easily be that there is
a new standard for the video slot and motherboard do not support
yours or...

--
sknahT

vyS