Le jeudi 30 mars 2017 à 21:31 +0200, Peter Mc Donough a écrit :
> Presently I use an AMD rx460, and yes the nuisance exists with
> amdgpu-pro on my Suse Tumbleweed. But the open source amdgpu driver
> works reasonably fast

Sure it works fine, no question about that.

>  and I hope I will soon be able to use openCL with
> my graphics card on Suse.

That's the real issue, OpenCL is not working fine as missing support
for feature required by darktable. And OpenCL makes a quite big
difference for me when editing pictures.

For NVIDIA driver I can't remember a time where it failed me. The dkms
module works just fine, is updated regularly and follows the
Debian/unsable kernel. I'm today using 4.9.13. AMDGPU-PRO is supported
only for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel 4.4 and this won't move for one
more full year!

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B