Le samedi 01 avril 2017 à 16:23 +0000, Kelvie Wong a écrit :
> Ah, I think the difference in this thread comes from me (and others)
> calling only the kernel module part the "driver", whereas the driver
> does include both kernel and userspace parts.

Good to see where our misunderstanding was :)

> I just wanted to point out that it is convenient being able to use an
> upstream kernel module, and believe me, I've been using dkms nvidia
> modules for almost a decade, with its share of problems (namely can't
> upgrade kernels easily)

Sure, you can't generally use any RC candidate and need to follow the
official releases.

The fact is that the situation is very bad with AMD for darktable. We
are many devs having issues with cards not supported by AMDGPU-PRO and
AMD has had a bad move when deprecating fglrx driver without giving
support for all card in newest AMDGPU-PRO.

This is just a friendly message for those choosing a new config, you
must make sure that the AMD *is* supported by AMDGPU-PRO otherwise no
luck. I've just changed my notebook just for this.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B