> They're special because they're _really_ simple, and they're _really_
> commonly used ;)
>
> That's about it, and yes, it is not consistent, but it's relatively
> convenient.
>
> To put it another way, what you're discussing is a _locale_ issue (it's
> how dates are shown in your area) as opposed to a _language_ issue (the
> _names_ of things, regardless of display).

Fair enough. So would you suggest there be a DateTime::Language::* and
DateTime::Format::* for each non-latin1 language that DateTime may want
to handle?

Furthermore, what would you suggest for somebody who wants to do a
strftime-like thing, but say, with Japanese numbers instead of Arabic.
Is that a Language module or a Format module?

I'm asking this because if I *really* wanted to add Japanese support to
DateTime::*, there'd be at least 3 diffrent notations for month names,
and 3 different notations for time. I'm kind of unsure where each of
these should/would go.

--d