Dave Rolsky wrote:
Rick, I took a look at the code where it's failing and I'm not sure I understand it well enough to fix it. It's definitely related to the change in subtract_datetime() (forcing UTC) but I'm not sure how to either fix the code to make the tests pass, or if maybe the tests encode some incorrect assumptions.

Either way, it looks like the code assumes that subtract_datetime and add_duration are inverse operations, but they're really not, and I don't think they ever were in the past, it's just that in the past different things might've been broken.

Duration needs an overhaul, but I was waiting for you to finish the DT stuff first. The tests used to pass even if I assumed something weird .. Its good that they're not passing now as it will help me learn why not!

Once 0.30 is out, I'll put some effort into DT:F:D however it won't be this weekend as my wife has booked a holiday for the weekend and she'll be mildly annoyed if I work on DateTime :)

Thanks for your efforts Dave!

Cheers!
Rick Measham