Plans:

1.  Move DBI source code to http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbi/

2.  Add a few dbi-dev people as developers who can modify the source.

3.  Fork off DBI v1 for maintenance and start work on DBI v2.

The changes I'm considering for DBI v2 are minor for the DBI API
and only slightly more significant for the DBD API. This isn't a
rewrite or a major change - just an opportunity for faster evolution.

Compiled drivers will require at least a recompile to work,
and all drivers will require some code changes to get the most out
of DBI v2.

I'll aim to post a list of the changes I'm proposing in a few days.

This is just a 'heads up' message to get you all thinking.

And this is what I'd like you to be thinking about
(mostly directed at driver authors):

A. What changes you'd like to see in the DBI API.

B. What changes you'd like to see in the DBD API
        (that's the DBI<->DBD interface).

And, looking further ahead...

C. How interested/motivated you are in working on a DBD for Parrot.

If you want to discuss any of those please start a new thread for each.
Thanks.

Happy New Year!