On Mon 12 Jan 2004 16:47, Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Plans:
>
> 1.  Move DBI source code to http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbi/
>
> 2.  Add a few dbi-dev people as developers who can modify the source.
>
> 3.  Fork off DBI v1 for maintenance and start work on DBI v2.
>
> The changes I'm considering for DBI v2 are minor for the DBI API
> and only slightly more significant for the DBD API. This isn't a
> rewrite or a major change - just an opportunity for faster evolution.
>
> Compiled drivers will require at least a recompile to work,
> and all drivers will require some code changes to get the most out
> of DBI v2.
>
> I'll aim to post a list of the changes I'm proposing in a few days.
>
> This is just a 'heads up' message to get you all thinking.
>
> And this is what I'd like you to be thinking about
> (mostly directed at driver authors):
>
> A. What changes you'd like to see in the DBI API.

Me and my colleages seem very satisfied :)

> B. What changes you'd like to see in the DBD API
>       (that's the DBI<->DBD interface).

· All dbh handel offspring (statement handles and such)
  available from the top level handle, for both status
  and cleanup purposes
· Generic (DBI level) possibility to enable DBD debugging
  I enabled $dbh->{DBDverbose}, to be the DBD counterpart
  of DBI::trace (), and later renamed that - on Tim's
  request - to $dbh->{uni_verbose}, but IMHO the usefulness
  warrants a high level attribute

> And, looking further ahead...
>
> C. How interested/motivated you are in working on a DBD for Parrot.

ENOTIME

> If you want to discuss any of those please start a new thread for each.
> Thanks.
>
> Happy New Year!

Same to you!

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,