Kevin Baker wrote:

<><snip very informative part. Read it in the parent post if you haven't done that already!>

Development Ideas:

1. The message-id could be removed from the db and just
calculated on a mailbox list request. Its just their
sequence.
2. The unique-id could be calculated with a
date/time/sec/millsec base combined with a machine id
added to the dbmail configuration to assure ascending and
unique.

Yes. I should be more clear.
message-id is created on the fly. It's confusing that we have message_idnr and unique_id in the database, which refer to unique-id in IMAP, and a unique_id in POP3 respectively.

DBMail                                           IMAP
message_idnr                           ->   unique-id
calculated on IMAP select       ->  message-id
unique_id                                 -> only used for POP3

Why POP3 uses a different way of a unique identifier for a message is unclear to me. It's not needed I think. Anyway, that's nothing to worry about at the moment.

Kevin, your way of creating a unique ID seems quite OK to me.

Ilja

--
Ilja Booij
IC&S B.V.