""[EMAIL PROTECTED]"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> FYI:
> AFAIK _2_0_branch runs STABLE ALWAYS (to say experimental meaning
> unstable IMO seems most unfair) with exception of a few hours on
> September 14 which Paul fixed.
>
> * _2_0_branch handles a modest scale production environment just fine
> (i.e.: 5000-plus-accounts).
> * Minor known bugs have easy workarounds
> * I t builds on xBSD and Linux with Pgsql and Mysql without any
> persuasion whatsoever.

Right, 2.0 is frozen solid now and only severe bugs are being fixed.

> 2.1 Development Branch hasn't built smoothly for many days on RH9, BSDs,
> SunOS. Problems appear to be known by all (glibc and gmime versioning +
> portability). But you can build it if you 'muck around a little' :o)

The 2.1 branch is fairly stable because it's just Paul's changes, and he's
much better at atomic-stability than Ilja or I have been in the past. I'll
do my best to emulate that development trait, but no guarantees! As we
start including more of Glib, Pthreads, Sieve and so on, expect 2.1 to be
messy for a few months.

Aaron