Many thanks for your input Tom. An in-degree is the number of incoming
edges towards that node. I think that captures *influencer: influencee
(Aristotle : Alexander, Aristotle : Myself)*, which means, in this
scenario, Aristotle (the node), has an in-degree of 2. I thought in-degree
was a measure of influence rather than an outdegree. Remember, this is
going to be plotted as a *directed* graph in Gephi. I'll be curious to know
how I'll actually distinguish in-degrees and out-degrees in Gephi
practicaly, but anyway.

Moreover, I didn't quite get about how I could do a Page-Rank style style
aggregation on this specific scenario. Could you please provide some
examples using actual person names so I can digest it well in my head.
Thanks for getting my head working though, but I still believe the
Wikipedia data gives you a decent impression of influence to an extent,
albeit not the most accurate, but it kind of appears to be right in one way
or the other.

--

Ali Gajani
Founder at Mr. Geek