Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:16:09 -0700
From: "Marc Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Re: 4/6/87

>From what I can gather from various web sites, "The Meadowlands Sports Complex" opened in 1976 consisting of Giants Stadium and The Meadowlands Racetrack. In 1977 construction began on the "Brendan Byrne Arena" which
opened July 2nd, 1981. On January 4, 1996 the naming rights were sold to Continental Airlines

Although there are numerous mentions of "Meadowlands Arena" or "Meadowlands Sports Arena" - as the venue was credited on "Nightfall Of Diamonds" (10/16/89) - I found no evidence to support that either one of these names was ever an "official" venue designation, as approved by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.

Marc Evans
Venue Caretaker