Le mercredi, 19 février 2014, 01.11:21 Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> Actually, thinking about it a 2nd time, I think there would be a major
> drawback in delaying to Jessie +1. If we decide that sysv-rc goes
> away, then starting at the Jessie release, we don't have to care
> anymore about LSB header scripts. Meaning that we could write systemd
> service files, plus OpenRC runscripts (for those who cares about
> OpenRC, or our non-linux ports).
>
> If we delay it, this means that we'd have to keep maintaining LSB
> header scripts in Sid for all the life of Jessie (for those who cares
> about non-linux ports or having OpenRC / sysv-rc support).

I don't think that's true. If we decide that sysvinit scripts (hence LSB
headers) have to be supported in jessie but are deprecated, then
jessie+1 can start to drop them completely (given reasonable replacement
for non-init defaults of course). Dropping them in the jessie suite
would complicate the upgrade path from Wheezy for no reason that I would
value high enough.

OdyX