On Friday, 28 June 2024 19:40:50 CEST Mario Limonciello wrote:
> > As this will normally be a headless system, I'm actually looking if I can
> > turn the GPU off, *unless* there's an HDMI cable plugged in.
> > So (at least for now), the GPUs only function is to have a display when I
> > need it for troubleshooting.
>
> With nothing plugged in, modern AMD GPUs will go into runtime PM and
> depending on the motherboard design either D3hot or D3cold.

I need to figure out how I can query the various things and learn what they
actually mean. F.e. on the frame.work forum I found:
`cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power/runtime_status`

and that returns 'active', but I have no idea what that means.

Like I said before: lots of research to do ;-)

> D3cold is as close to off as you can get.

Good to know :-)

Cheers,
  Diederik