On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Bill Leach wrote:
>
> > William R. Ward wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I've never seen much point in svgatextmode, personally - you can get
> > > 80x50 from LILO, isn't that enough?
>
> The 80x50 LILO can give me, also gives me 8x8 pixel characters. Using
> SVGATextMode I have 116x51 using 16x9 pixel characters. Readable
> characters are enough reason for me.
[snip]
> But if you haven't configured SVGATextMode properly it shouldn't start at
> all at boot time. First configure it and be confident that it really
> works on your hardware, then make it start at boot time.

As a matter of interest, who is using SVGATextMode with an S3 ViRGE and a
1024x768 capable monitor? if I try to go above 80x30, the characters on
the left hand side of the screen get all screwy, and sometimes the left of
the screen is cut off at the 10thish column and is repeated from there...
So I use LILO to give me 80x34 :)

Any Ideas?

                       Michael Beattie ([EMAIL PROTECTED])