On 22/12/13 18:41, kalanga wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:41:21 -0700
> Bob Proulx <b...@proulx.com> wrote:

<snipped>

> There is no entry for /dev/mmcblk01p1 in fstab.
>
>> 2) If nothing like the above /etc/fstab entry exists then some desktop
>> session daemon is automatically mounting the media for you upon
>> insertion.  Such as the gnome-volume-manager.  In which case you would
>> need to find out which daemon is doing it and configure it.
>>

> How do I find out which daemon is mounting the card?

I don't know about GNOME. But you 'might' get some information with:-
# grep mmc /var/log/messages

Also try the following for clues *after* device is plugged in:-
$ mount | grep mmc

e.g. to find what mounted a removable USB flash device labelled 5CB5-7511
$ mount | grep -i 5cb5
/dev/sdc1 on /media/5CB5-7511 type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0022,dmask=0077,codepage=cp437,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks

So "daemon" in this example is udisks

Also try running the following *before* plugging in:-
# udisks --monitor

e.g. (using removable USB flash device on *non*-GNOME DE)
$ udisks --monitor
Monitoring activity from the disks daemon. Press Ctrl+C to cancel.
added:     /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdc

> Thx

Kind regards