On 30 Jun 2021, at 10:44, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:

Hi,

To summarize, there are basically two sane approaches to remote X clients:

"Two sane approach" ?

Okay, there's only two approach YOU believe in.
That's it.

There's at least a dozen of way to install a X11 network system.

You don't have any a power to judge other than your own self.
You may consider something to be inappropriate but it doesn't make this
solution unacceptable, except in your own mind.

You seem to use a knife and cut every thing with a straight line, one
side what's positive, good, acceptable, allowable, usable, possible.

And on the other side...
Everything else, what's evil, dangerous, open to furry, waiting for a
disaster, not for use in a nuclear power plant, worst than putting some
plutonium with your morning eggs.

Sorry, but that's all false.
What you state here only applies to the case of situation you have put
thru your mind.

But there's other people (and situation) that may exist, that you don't
even know. And that's... okay too ! And you know what ? Those solution
are happy and good for those person. And they are allowed to use them...

Let me tell you something very crazy !

One day I was reading on a forum that a guy changed the shutter speed of
his soviet camera before arming. That's dangerous because it somewhat
but the gears in a "unknown state".

But there's a way to fix it... You play with the rewind lever and
magic.. it gets back on track. But you may also wreck your camera if you
do it the wrong way.

You know what I did ?
I took my camera and did exactly like the guy did and screwed my on
purpose !

And after "fixing" it three time, I told him the solution worked !
Could have ended up putting that camera to be used a paper weight.

Now here's what will amaze you...
You can do the same with a computer.
Take risk...
Make your computer unusable...
Type "alias cd=rm -rf"
Open all the ports and get hacked.
Open all the ports and not get hacked.
Take risk and loose not much because you don't care...
Choose unsafe configuration.
Even the most crazy thing ever, erase MS Windows and install Debian
Buster with X11 !

Sincerely,

Open minded doesn't mean you have to crack your head open and have brain
juice sprouting over the place...

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside

There comes a point when trying to convince someone of something that you believe in just isn't worth it. I don't know if this is usually the case about the debian-user mailing list, but it's recently become the equivalent of spam.

Is this mailing list usually used for philosophical debates, persuasion, and
primitive name-calling?  Genuinely curious so that I can unsub if it is.

Best regards,

Brian T