On 2023-06-23 16:54, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Ah, don't worry, it is safe, I've done it a lot.

I don't doubt that it is quite safe, most of the time.

But I run my servers on Ubuntu and Debian. (Mostly Ubuntu right now; slowly migrating to Debian.)

I get paid for hosting, as well as work I do that requires the use of my VPS's.

I'd much rather err on the side of extreme caution. If something goes bump, I'm screwed.

But actually even if something goes wrong, it is still a good
idea since then it is the upgrade process that must be
debugged at the other end, the command is fine.

Spoken like someone who doesn't run live servers in production... :)