Hello,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 09:20:47AM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> Notice that separate /usr is not supported by latest systemd that should be
> a part of the next Debian release.

I don't think this is the case. What I think is not supported is a
separate /usr that is not mounted by initramfs. On Debian, if you do
nothing special, any separate /usr will be mounted by initramfs. As
far as I'm aware it is only a concern for:

    people who have a /usr mount point
    && (
        (do not use an initramfs)
        (have meddled with their initramfs to stop it from mounting
        /usr)
    )

What systemd has decided to no longer support is what they call
"split /usr":

    https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2022-April/047673.html

They define that as "/usr that is not populated at boot time". i.e.
a /usr that would be mounted during boot from /etc/fstab or similar.
If /usr is mounted by the initramfs, that is before userland boot,
and systemd doesn't care about that. Debian does that where there is
a separate mount point for /usr.

Thanks,
Andy