On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 09:52:39 -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Fri 21 Jun 2024 at 07:15:32 (-0400), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > If I boot up two computers
> > > and they display different times, what term is appropriate in your
> > > opinion to describe the time displayed?
> >
> > They're out of sync.  Or, at least one of them is.
>
> No, the kernel clocks are all in sync.

Then you were unclear.  You said "they display different times".  That
means one of them is wrong.  The other one may be right, or they may
both be wrong.

> > Or did you mean "the same time, but in two different time zones"?  If

The following are the same time, but in two different time zones:

12:00:00 -0500
13:00:00 -0400

The following are different times:

12:00:00 -0500
12:26:00 -0500

> Yes, they're set as desired.

So you meant "the same time, but in different time zones".  You should
have said that.

> But now you've used 1.3k in your post,

Because I have to write AROUND your errors!!

> and I still don't have my adjective.

Pick any damned word you want, then.  I'm done caring.

Set your computer the way you want to set it.