On 06/29/2024 06:51 AM, debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:
Richard Owlett <rowl...@access.net> wrote:
On 06/28/2024 03:53 PM, Michael Kjörling wrote:
On 28 Jun 2024 14:04 -0500, from rowl...@access.net (Richard
Owlett):
I need to replace ANY occurrence of
        thru [at most]
by
      <sup>

I'm reformatting a Bible stored in HTML format for a particular
set of vision impaired seniors (myself included). Each chapter is
in its own file.

How do I open a file.
Do the above replacement.
Save and close the file.

Ignoring the question about Emacs

Emacs *CAN NOT* be ignored.
It is the _available_ editor known to be capable of handling regular
expressions.

Err, pluma is available I believe.

May I quote my original post?