* Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> [24-06/29=Sa 22:48 -0400]:
> Your Subject header includes the word "upstream".  This word appears
> *nowhere* else in the entire email, and it completely moves the goalposts.

"Upstream" was a misleading misnomer intended to refer to anything
... well, "upstream" of the OP's system.  The OP didn't realize
that 'upstream' has essentially become a term of art in package
management, referring to whence code comes before it's packaged.

* B <b...@mydomainnameisbiggerthanyours.com> [24-06/29=Sa 19:15 -0700]:
>> [...] requirements [...] For a given package, if I want to know
>> about changes in unstable, then it must not generate notifications
>> against stable, experimental, source, or some other architecture.
>>
>> [...] Tracker and the Debian mailing lists [...] are dev-oriented,
>> not user-oriented.  Notifications/NEWS occurs when source/uploads get
>> accepted, not when built packages are released to the FTP servers.

So the OP wants to know about Debian package updates.

> If you only care about new Debian packages, and if the
> package is one that's installed on your system [...]

All we still need to know is whether the OP cares
about packages that aren't installed, or whether some
other aspect of Greg's solution isn't sufficient.