On 29 Jun 2024 19:15 -0700, from b...@mydomainnameisbiggerthanyours.com (B):
> My objective is to get an email notification when an update is available for
> a specific Debian package.
>
> It sounds simple. Something like this should already exist, right? The
> requirements are trivial. Yet after doing a lot of research I can't find an
> existing solution that doesn't have problems.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or input?

I will readily admit that it doesn't immediately meet all of your
criteria, but one possible venue especially if you are only interested
in a few specific packages might be to point e.g. rss2email at the
package events RSS feed available through tracker.debian.org. At that
point you can use typical email filtering to further filter it down to
only those events you are interested in (for example, only those that
mention "into stable").

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”