-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Bilbee
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:04 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] SmarterMail Held email recovery

SmarterMail executes declude allover again.

> I never simply re-queue for delivery a message that was held.  I
> always re-queue such that Declude would scan it again.

When you requeue a message with Imail the only thing you need to do it
move the D and Q files to the spool folder, they will not be rescanned
by declude.

> Which implies that I must also do something about my Declude
> configuration to counterweight this and future messages from the same
> sender, e.g. with a REVDNS or a REMOTEIP negative weight.

By countreweighting a messages that failed would only cause it to not
fail the first time. I want to take a message that failed and was held
and requeue it for delivery. When requeueing the message it should not
be scanned again by declude.

> p.s. With IMail, I re-queue a message for scanning and delivery by
> moving the D*.SMD to the spool folder, and then moving the Q*.SMD file

> to the spool\overflow folder. I also edit the D*.SMD file before I
> move it, to remove any previous header additions, so that on the next
> Declude scan, it gets only the "corrected" headers.

This is not necessary. See above!

Kevin Bilbee

unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
"unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com.