From: "Shayne Embry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] SmarterMail Held email recovery

I understand why you may want to use your methods (for analyzing,
adjusting, etc.).

We prefer to use a different (not necessarily better) and much easier
approach. One of the things that attracted us to SmarterMail was its
built in Junk E-Mail Folder. We aren't using any of SM's Spam filtering
features, but we are having Declude tag the subject of all hold-weight
messages. We then setup domain content filtering in SM to route all
tagged subjects into the users' Junk folder.

We found that customers are much happier with checking held messages
themselves, rather than call us to do it. And believe me, we're much
happier with less administration. SM's autoclean feature makes it very
easy to keep unchecked folders from eating up disk space.

My only gripes are: #1 - you can't access the Junk folder through POP3;
and #2 - there doesn't appear to be an easy way to combine SM's
whitelisting with Declude (which is why we don't enable SM Spam
filtering for customers--I don't want to try to explain to every
customer why the screen shows you can whitelist an address, when in fact
it won't whitelist it in Declude).

Shayne Embry