Yes, we just today reverted back to 1.82 because our single-processor machine backed up.  At the worst there was an hour delay in delivery.  I specifically denoted it was a single-processor machine just to indicate that our problems would not be related to the multi-processor sleep problems.  It just doesn't seem able to handle the load that 1.82 does.  And yes, we have increased our THREADS to 25.

Also, they claim to have fixed a problem with leftover files, but after swapping out the Declude executable with 1.82 and leaving the Decludeproc service running, 24 files are still stranded in the "spool\proc\work" directory and there are 9 *.vir directories still in there (they are truly stranded, even the 24 files comprise 12 paired q and d files they are not being delivered for several hours with the Decludeproc service still running.  I am going to have to move them back into the spool directory manually).  The Decludeproc service has NOT stopped running at all in the several days it has been running, so I don't know why the files are stranded.  I just tried restarting it to see if I could "wake it up", but it didn't give me any love.  Looking at the dates, I see one q/d pair from Sep 2, several from Sep 7 and the 2 pair from today.  Each one of these represents a "lost" email.  I opened a few and didn't find any of them to be spam.  The one thing I can't abide is "lost" email, so I had to stop our beta test.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:11 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Is there any hope running Declude with imail8.21???

IMail 8.20+ is only compatible with Declude 3+, but that software is still in early beta and I wouldn't recommend it.  This combination can work, but it appears that the higher the volume you have, the more likely you are to experience serious issues with E-mail backing up.  I have been using IMail 8.15 HF2 for many months without any new issues, and it works very well with Declude 2.0.6.16 (the most recent interim release) which also doesn't have any new issues.  The newer Declude 3.0 that is in beta is basically the same in terms of functionality, but it is changed to act as a service in order to resolve issues with the changes in IMail 8.20+ and also increase performance slightly.  This is a big change for Declude, and building a service to handle E-mail reliably isn't a small feat so I would suggest being patient in the mean time.

Matt

Timothy Bohen wrote:
Oh ouch, thats embarrising, you could have sent this off list!!! :) I KNOW I didnt change that path, is there any chance upgrading to 8.21 somehow changed it?

So anyway, now that I downgraded already, should I go to 8.21 again or are there problems with declude? I'm not crazy about running a beta version of declude.

Thanks