> [...\Services\InetInfo\Parameters\ThreadTimeout]   seemed   to  make
> sense,  though I'm not sure that it solves anything and I'm not sure
> if it has any consequences yet.

This tweak would apparently hinder, rather than help, the issues under
consideration.  This  setting  allows  already-allocated threads to be
completely stopped, rather than simply idling while waiting for input.
If  your  system  is  periodically going up to a peak number of active
theads,  stopping  them completely during idle periods just means they
have  to  be  created  again  during  peak periods. The cycles used to
create  and destroy the threads are unnecessary overhead. Doesn't save
anything  overall,  as  a  system that can handle n active threads can
obviously  handle n idle threads! The only extenuating situation is if
you  have _other_ applications whose peak thread allocations are known
to occur at different times.

--Sandy

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]