Now I've been fooled twice, so I guess shame on me.  Does anyone have a
suggestion that would help resolve this?  In the meantime I will be
writing a script to monitor the number of message in the proc folder and
if it reaches a certain threshold, will restart the decludeproc service.
I really don't care for workarounds such as this, but I've gained a bad
image over these two occurrences and I cannot allow it to happen again.

You might want to download our QueueMon application. Its a windows service that will monitor your spool folder and the Declude proc directory. You can configure thresholds and have it notify you as well as allow you to run a script to restart the declude proc service when the thresholds are exceeded. It has a 30 day free trial - this should cover you while you troubleshoot this issue and get it fixed. Darrell